- The Rules of Globalization: Case Book
- Buy: World Scientific
- by Abdelal, Rawi E.
- This is a book about the politics of the global economy—about how firms prosper by understanding those politics, or fail by misunderstanding them. Understanding the politics of globalization may once have been a luxury; it is now, for most high-level managers, simply a necessity. The book contains cases which can be used by instructors and students to build a framework of analysis that enables them to understand the challenges of international trade and investment and master the opportunities they represent. This framework is based on a systematic evaluation of the informal and formal rules that define markets for goods, services, and capital. These insightful cases allow for evaluation of: the political and economic origins of our current era of globalization and how the rules that constrain and enable firms are changing; the impact of governments’ policies and which tools are available for predicting, avoiding, or even employing the long arm of the government; and the influence of informal and formal institutions on opportunities for success in international finance and trade.
- Publication Type: Book
- Publisher: World Scientific
- Published Date: March 2008
- Field of Interest: International Economics
- Abdelal, Rawi, ed. The Rules of Globalization: Case Book. Singapore: World Scientific, 2008.