- Health, Development, and Human Rights
- Download: PDF 321.87 KB
- by Marks, Stephen
- The purpose of this chapter is to explore how the three concepts of human rights, health and human development have been defined and linked and what implications these linkages have for international policy and practices of international organizations. At the conceptual level, the definitions of development, health and human rights are virtually identical and widely accepted in the abstract. However, even at such a high level of abstraction, distinctions can be made.
- Publication Type: Book Chapter
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Published Date: December 2008
- Field of Interest: Global Issues
- "Health, Development, and Human Rights." In Health and Development: Toward a Matrix Approach edited by Anna Gatti and Andrea Boggio, eds. Palgrave Macmillan, 2008.