- Linking international agricultural research knowledge with action for sustainable development
- Download: PDF 105.54 KB
- by Kristjanson, Patti; Reid, Robin S.; Dickson, Nancy; Clark, William C.; Romney, Dannie; Puskur, Ranjitha; MacMillan, Susan; Grace, Delia
- We applied an innovation framework to sustainable livestock
development research projects in Africa and Asia. The focus of
these projects ranged from pastoral systems to poverty and ecosystems
services mapping to market access by the poor to fodder
and natural resource management to livestock parasite drug resistance.
We found that these projects closed gaps between knowledge
and action by combining different kinds of knowledge,
learning, and boundary spanning approaches; by providing all
partners with the same opportunities; and by building the capacity
of all partners to innovate and communicate.
- Publication Type: Published Paper
- Published Date: February 2009
- Field of Interest: Global Issues
- Kristjanson, Patti, Robin S. Reid, Nancy Dickson, William C. Clark, Dannie Romney, Ranjitha Puskur, Susan MacMillan, and Delia Grace. "Linking international agricultural research knowledge with action for sustainable development." Proceedings of the National Academies of Science 9, no.13 (2009): 5047-5052.