- The World Economy in 2033
- Download: PDF 85.52 KB
- by Cooper, Richard N.
- The record of long-term forecasting, particularly by economists, is not a glorious one. In a celebrated article, the great English economist John Maynard Keynes, writing in 1930 about “the economic possibilities of our grandchildren,” forecast that in a century’s time the working week would be about 15 hours long, thus creating a serious challenge of how to use our extensive leisure. We have less than a quarter century to realize that result. The trends point in the right direction, but are substantially off in magnitude.
- Publication Type: WCFIA Working Paper
- Published Date: June 2010
- Field of Interest: Political Economy
- Cooper, Richard N. "The World Economy in 2033", Working Paper
2010-0007, Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, Harvard
University, March 2010.