- Histories of Innocence: Post-War Stories in Peru
- Buy: Buy the Book
- by Theidon, Kimberly S.
- On November 1, 2006, Peruvian president Alan García announced he would be proposing a new law that would include the death penalty as one sanction for terrorism in the Penal Code. As he
argued, “We are not going to allow Shining Path to return and paint their slogans on the walls of our universities. Once this law is approved, anyone who commits the serious crime of terrorism
will find themselves facing a firing squad. A war forewarned does not kill people.”
- Publication Type: Book Chapter
- Publisher: Stanford University Press
- Published Date: August 2010
- Field of Interest: International Relations
- Theidon, Kimberly. "Histories of Innocence: Post-War Stories in Peru."
Localizing Transitional Justice: Interventions and Priorities after Mass Violence. Stanford University Press, August 2010.