- Imagination and Logos: Essays on C. P. Cavafy
- Buy: Buy the Book
- by Roilos, Panagiotis
- This book explores diverse but complementary interdisciplinary
approaches to the poetics, intertexts, and influence of the work of C.
P. Cavafy (Konstantinos Kavafis), one of the most important
twentieth-century European poets. Written by leading international
scholars in a number of disciplines (critical theory, gender studies,
comparative literature, English studies, Greek studies, anthropology,
classics), the essays of this volume situate Cavafy’s poetry within the
broader contexts of modernism and aestheticism and investigate its
complex and innovative responses to European literary traditions (from
Greek antiquity to modernity) as well as its multifaceted impact on
major figures of world literature—from North America to South Africa.
- Publication Type: Book
- Publisher: Harvard University Press
- Published Date: October 2010
- Field of Interest: International Relations
- Roilos, Panagiotis (ed). Imagination and Logos: Essays on C. P. Cavafy. Harvard University Press, 2010.