- Power, Politics and Performance: A Partnership Approach for the Development
- Buy: Buy the Book
- by Dookeran, Winston
- The perception of politics as an obstacle to the advancement of the Caribbean must be removed. In Power, Politics and Performance, Winston Dookeran argues that for meaningful change, politics must be visionary and pursued with principled purpose. He argues for partnership through regionalism and explores the issues facing small developing states and their sovereignty. Dookeran identifies the imperatives of financial stability and the structures required for building a knowledge-based economy. Power, Politics and Performance focuses on key issues of leadership and the political processes suggesting that ultimately, leadership is about finding solutions, and such solutions require radical transformation of political parties and political institutions. The book examines and analyses specific problems and distortions in small states and the challenge of building effective leadership while providing a blueprint for the way forward. Power, Politics and Performance is a welcomed addition to the Caribbean Integration arena and sets the stage for a paradigm shift in the governance of small states.
- Publication Type: Book
- Publisher: Ian Randle Publishers, Jamaica
- Published Date: April 2012
- Field of Interest: International Relations
- Dookeran, Winston. Power, Politics and Performance: A Partnership Approach for the Development. Ian Randle Publishers, 2012.